Pimp My Wii V3.00 : now compatible with the Wii-U
Attila release today a new version of his awesome soft called Pimp My Wii now in version 3.0. This new version mainly add the support of the WiiU.
Pimp My Wii main features :
- install missing or outdated IOS / titles, install the cIOS and mIOS necessary.
- detect missing or outdated IOS and check that you have the latest version of the Wii System Menu. It also checks if you have the latest versions of BC, MIOS and those channels : Wii Shop, News, Weather, Mii, Photo and Photo 1.1
- If you don’t have the latest versions of those titles, the program will download them, or read them from USB or SD to install them. When using this program, you will have all advantages from 4.1 cumulated from those of 3.2, and this without drawbacks !
- install cIOS d2x (based on Waninkoko) (249, 250) v10 and 10 alt and cIOS from Hermes 202/222/223/224 rev5.1. You can if you want install the cIOS from Waninkoko rev20/21 or d2x v6, 7, 8 or 9beta (you’ll have to install it manually from the menu “Install cIOS”).
- install the cMIOS from WiiGator.
Pimp will avert you if some homebrews aren’t updated. Pimp check the version of the following homebrew (the dirnames must match, and are not case sensible) :
-> Neogamma, in version R9 beta 50 minimum. Dirname : neogamma
-> Usb Loader gx, in version 2.2 minimum. Dirname : usbloader_gx
-> Uloader, in version 5.1 minimum. Dirname : uloader
-> Wiiflow, in version 2.2 (or r302) minimum. Dirname : wiiflow
-> Configurable usb loader, in version 70 minimum. Dirname : usbloader or usbloader_cfg
Pimp does not update those homebrews itself. No verification will be made on channels, only on the files installed on the SD card in the directory /apps/.
The homebrew is displayed automatically in english, french, italian, german or spanish depending of your Wii’s language. It is also compatible with NTSC-U, NTSC-J and PAL Wii consoles. (Korean Wii theoricaly compatible).
Warning: I do not take any responsibility for any damage in your wii because of a improper usage of this software.
- Version compatible WiiU in Wii mode and Wii.
- Added for initial support to the Wii mode of the WiiU. In this mode, you can (at the moment) only do a test, install or uninstall a wad, export some informations or install a cIOS (d2x v10).
- Updated the cIOS d2x to v10 and v10 alt. The alt version is marqued as v10.1.
- Modification of all the tests, ios and channels to match the WiiU.
- Added an anti brick Wii and WiiU, to prevent the installation of an IOS intended for one on the other. This protection is in place in the “wad” menu and in the others menu when installing an IOS.
- On WiiU: The download of IOS is impossible. You should place the wad files on SD or USB. You can created the wad files with FSToolboxx and Showmiiwads-mod by Orwel. The created files should be named like IOSXY-64-v1337.wad.
- Added a protection in the wad menu which prevent the installation of a stub on the slot used by the system menu, or the uninstallation of this ios.
- Fixed the uninstallation of a wad without a cIOS.
Source : Wii-Infos.fr